Many people are getting Your connection is not private message into their google chrome browser. This is not any serious error message and it will solve with few simple steps.
Reason of ” connection is not private ” error
- Wrong date and time
- Antivirus block SSL Connection
- Invalid Google chrome Cache and Cookies files
- Expired SSL certificate
- Firewall Error
- Browser Error
Solution “Your connection is not private” error
- Wrong Date & Time: If computer or device’s date & time is incorrect,it will make your browser can’t verify the SSL certificate. To resolve, check your date & time again and make sure they are correct.If it is not correct please correct your date and time and try to check.
- Antivirus Blocked SSL Connection: Besides wrong date & time, your antivirus software can block all SSL connections as well. In this case, we can turn off our antivirus software temporarily to check.
- Invalid Google Chrome’s Cookies & Cached Files: Cache and cookies can cause of this irritating error. According to user’s reports clearing cookies and cached files in Google Chrome can remove this error message. To fix it see here “How to clear cookies and cache from Google chrome browser”.
- Expired SSL Certificates: In some cases, owner of the website forgot to renew the SSL certificate, you will get this error when visiting it. In this case, there is nothing you can do to get rid of it, except notify to website owner, as well as bypass it by clicking on the “Proceed” link.
- Invalid SSL Certificate Setup: If the website owner set up SSL certificate in wrong way, there is no way to access the HTTPS version correctly. Subsequently, you always get this error every time you access that website.
- Expired SSL certificate: Some website gives error message because expired SSL certificate.Simply contact your website developer who made your site or hosting provider for renew SSL certificate.
- Firewall Error: Windows firewall blocked some website for invalid certificate or SSL error. In this case you need to avoid open this type of site and if its important disable your firewall and open it.
- Browser Error: Some feature does not work on specific browser like java doesn’t work on google chrome it become disable by default and you have to enable it. In this situation you can change your browser to open your chosen sites.