Top Mobile SIM Networks in India 2019
Here are the Best Mobile SIM Card Networks in India offering high 3G, 4G internet speeds, good coverage and great offers.
Airtel is one of the biggest cellular networks in India. It’s services like My plan and Airtel Money is quite popular. Airtel provides some of the very good internet speeds and with its solid coverage, you will rarely have any connectivity issues when travelling. But it is a bit pricey as compared others but their services are worth paying that little bit extra.
Airtel is second only to BSNL in nationwide coverage providing best connectivity & reliability with good average speed. With the 4G rollout, Airtel network is going to be even better given its 4G speed.
It has established itself as the biggest competitor to the Jio and was able to retain and regain the subs which were once on a flow outward.
- Nationwide coverage (Urban and rural)
- Good connectivity
- 4G services
- Solid network
- A lot of offers
- Good customer care support
- Telenor users can rejoice as Airtel’s acquisition will increase the network coverage and connectivity.
- Pricey as compared to others
- Not the fastest of net speeds
Reliance Jio is said to be the world’s biggest startup with over Rs. 1.5 Lakh Crore invested in this mega project.The company has acquired rights for 4G services in all circles of the country. With its cheap tariff plans and a number of occasional freebies.
Jio for sure has given head-to-head competition to the already established telecom networks. Sooner or later Jio is looking forward to making big with offering MSO cable services.
- No charges over voice calls
- Good 4G Speed
- Free subscription to Apps
- Low tariff plans rate
- Poor voice quality
- Call Drops
- Unstable connectivity
- No 3G phone support
Vodafone Idea is now India’s largest telecom operator. The drawbacks and benefits of both the companies balanced each other to make it one of the best SIM Card Provider in India.
Idea cellular provides good coverage in urban and rural areas. It provides good internet speed but generally has expensive tariff plans.If you are looking for something with good speed and stability with good rural coverage then Idea is for you.
- Excellent internet speed
- Good coverage with excellent stability in urban and rural areas
- Appreciable price
- 4G Services
- Good customer care service
- Not for remote areas
- Not good during travel
- Issues with call connectivity in many regions of the country
BSNL or Cellone is unarguably the biggest and most widespread cell phone carrier in India with coast-to-coast nationwide coverage with consistency.With BSNL SIM card in your pocket, you can travel to any corner of the country. The best part of BSNL is it offers 2G and 3G at the same price but its net speed is substandard with very poor internet connectivity. It has not acquired 4G rights for PAN India.
- Widest network in the country
- Low internet price
- 3G and 2G at the same price and same speed
- Many offers based on different categories
- Poor internet speed
- Issues with call and connectivity
- Average customer care support
5. Tata DoCoMo
Tata’s collaboration with the Docomo telecom of Japan gave birth to Tata DoCoMo. Docomo’s weakest attribute is its network which is limited only to cities and towns. it offers its 3G services at prices which are very low as compared to others.
- Low internet prices
- Excellent network of towns and cities
- Good internet speed
- Exciting offers
- Not recommended even when travelling
- Extremely poor rural coverage
- Unstable signals in many parts of the country
It provides 3G and 4G services at affordable price and super high speed. A survey conducted by Mint-instaVaani ranked Aircel as a top cellular network in India better ranked than Airtel and BSNL but looking at its limited presence they love to be customer-centric organisation.
- Superb speed
- 3G and 4G at an affordable price
- Excellent network and connectivity
- Excellent customer care support
- Only serves the limited demographic region in the country (South and eastern part)
- Do not have a nationwide network
7. Reliance Telecom
With reliance, you will get some very good 2G and 3G data plans at very low cost. It didn’t acquire many circles for 3G but still, it offers good speed on EDGE. With good internet speed and low pricing, reliance is a great network to use but it has poor rural coverage.
- Low internet price
- Affordable 4G prices
- Good connectivity and customer service
- Lots of freebies
- Average rural coverage
- Voice call and network issues
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) is a state-owned service provider headquartered at New Delhi which provides its services in metro cities of Mumbai and Delhi. Due to heavy competition in the market, the company is losing its base and money. It offers broadband internet and 3G services. The company also operates in Mauritius as Mahanagar Telephone Mauritius Limited (MTML).
9. MTS India
Mobile TeleSystems provides wireless voice, broadband Internet, messaging and data services in India. MTS operates in 9 circles across India. It offers high-speed broadband data and serves around 9 million subscribers. MTS has its stronghold in broadband network in metro cities.