Top 5 Cheap Web Hosting Platforms of 2019
For a lot of webmasters, those trade-offs are worth the price savings that you get with cheap web hosting. If your site doesn’t get a lot of traffic and you’re willing to give up some convenient features like automatic backups, you can find cheap web hosting that’s reliable and fast enough for most sites.
SiteGround is an excellent hosting platform for beginners and companies with smaller sites. The pricing is reasonable, you receive tech support at all times, and the WordPress integration is seamless.
SiteGround has a special price for those who sign up for one, two, or three years in advance.
Here are the three plans:
- StartUp – $3.95 per month ($11.95 after promo) for one website, 10GB of web space, and support for up to 10,000 monthly visits.
- GrowBig – $5.95 per month ($19.95 after promo) for multiple websites, 20GB of web space, and support for up to 25,000 monthly visits.
- GoGeek – $11.95 per month ($34.95 after promo) for multiple websites, 30GB of web space, and support for up to 100,000 monthly visits.
Ease of setup
The SiteGround setup process is simple enough for beginners. You choose a plan, register a domain (or transfer one to SiteGround,) then fill out your payment information before being sent to the dashboard.
Once you sign in for the first time, SiteGround gives you a website setup wizard that will let you easily install WordPress or other common content management systems.
SiteGround customer support is available 24/7 via live chat or phone. They also offer a detailed knowledge base.
HostGator is one of the most affordable hosts on this list, at least when you sign up for the promos. It’s also known for its fast speeds and simple WordPress integrations.
- Hatchling – $2.75 per month ($10.95 per month after promo) for a single domain, unlimited bandwidth, and a free SSL.
- Baby – $3.95 per month ($11.95 per month after promo) for unlimited domains, unlimited bandwidth, and a free SSL.
- Business – $5.95 per month ($16.95 per month after promo) for unlimited domains, unlimited bandwidth, a free SSL, dedicated IP, and SEO tools.
Ease of setup
The HostGator sign up process takes no more than a few minutes. After that, you receive several one-click installs like the one for WordPress. The website builder has a drag and drop interface for rapid designing, and the eCommerce tools and free SSL should help you secure an online store.
The HostGator customer support team is available 24/7. The online portal has documentation, video tutorials, and forums. You can also live chat with the team, send in an email, or contact them by phone.
InMotion Hosting offers both cheap shared hosting plans, as well as cheap managed WordPress hosting. We’ll focus on the shared plans for this post, though, as they’re the cheapest option.
As with many of the cheapest hosting platforms, InMotion Hosting has discounted monthly pricing if you sign up for one or two years.
Here are the InMotion Hosting plans:
- Launch – $3.99 per month ($7.99 per month after promo) for a free domain, hosting for two sites, unlimited email, disk space, and bandwidth, and a free SSL.
- Power – $5.99 per month ($9.99 per month after promo) for a free domain, hosting for six sites, unlimited email, disk space, and bandwidth, improved performance, and a free SSL.
- Pro – $13.99 per month ($15.99 per month after promo) for a free domain, hosting for unlimited sites, unlimited email, disk space, and bandwidth, improved performance, and a free SSL. This plan also gets you pro-level support.
Ease of setup
InMotion Hosting seems a bit more expensive than some of the competition, but that’s mainly because of the bonuses you receive. The setup goes smoothly for all types of users, with onboarding tools, a one-click install for WordPress, and an integration with Google Apps.
The dashboard is fairly easy to navigate, but the main reason I enjoy InMotion Hosting is because of free elements like an SSL, hack protection, and backups. Finally, InMotion offers a decent website builder for quickly designing your site.
InMotion has an online support center filled with articles. You can also reach out to the 24/7 support team through online chat, Skype, email, or phone.
Whether you are looking for a cheap way to host your personal website or want to start a white label hosting company, Namecheap has a plan for you.
Shared Hosting Plans
When it comes to shared hosting, where a number of sites share one server, Namecheap has plenty to choose from.
They offer three plans, starting at $15.44 per year or $2.88 a month .
WordPress Hosting Plans
You can get a good idea of how good a host is based on their WordPress offerings. In this area, Namecheap does pretty well.
They offer three hosting plans for WordPress, starting at under $4 a month. I really like the way they breakdown plans based on site traffic. For the less tech-savvy, this gives an easy-to-understand reference point.
30-day Money-Back Guarantee
Namecheap does offer a rock-solid money-back guarantee. You’ve got a full month to see if their service is right for you. Otherwise, it’s not too late to back out and try something else.
Namecheap has a pretty good Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) platform. It contains detailed answers that should help solve the most common problems you run into.
Bluehost is one of the old reliables, seeing as how it was one of the first hosts to be endorsed by WordPress, and the fact that it has managed to always make hosting affordable.
Bluehost pricing is strictly based on how many months you pay for in advance. For instance, a 36-month plan is cheaper per month than a 24-month plan.
We’ll outline the 36-month plans below:
- Basic – $2.95 per month ($7.99 after promo) for one website, 50GB of storage, and five email accounts.
- Plus – $5.95 per month ($10.99 after promo) for unlimited websites, unlimited storage, and unlimited email accounts, and spam support.
- Choice Plus – $5.95 per month ($14.99 after promo) for unlimited websites, unlimited storage, unlimited email accounts, spam support, domain privacy, and site backups.
Ease of setup
The Bluehost dashboard is one of the easiest ones to use out there. There’s a simple one-click install for WordPress, as well as simple controls to take care of the basic customizations of your setup.
You also get a free SSL if you need to secure an online store.
Technical support is available 24/7 through phone, online chat, or email. You can also access educational resources including FAQs, online articles, and setup information.