You have a business. You’ve built a website for your business. Now, how do you get people to visit said website? For small businesses a website is only the first step to getting your brand online. Next, you need to generate traffic to your website through online marketing.
Here are some tips on how to do that:
SEO & SEM
As you probably know by now, SEO means Search Engine Optimization. You might be less familiar with SEM, which stands for Search Engine Marketing. Both strategies are about getting your website recognised and ranking on search engines like Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
Search Engine Optimization is all about getting search engine robots to recognise keywords in the text and meta data of your website or blog and match them to search terms that people type into Google or Yahoo. Using these keywords, the search engines will create an index of results that the searcher can choose from. Once you know who your target audience is, you can amend your website text to be listed in the search results easier and more efficiently.
SEM involves promoting your website or blog on directories, forums, blogs, other websites, via email or through online advertising. You can market your website by commenting on blogs or forums with a link to your website, or by putting your business on a web directory with a link to your site. You could also set up a Pay Per Click marketing campaign with the likes of Google to target specific consumers and potential customers.
- Write compelling and keyword rich articles and blogs that will bring people to your website.
- Optimize your website meta-tags and meta-descriptions to include keywords that will be found on search engines.
- Optimize your website content to be completely original and have natural keyword density.
- Don’t overload your blogs, articles, or website content with too many keywords, as the Google ‘bots will penalise you.
- Get your website and business on as many web directories as you can to boost traffic to your site.
- Set up an email campaign to people who might need or buy your services/products.
- Get involved in a blogging community like WordPress or Blogspot to comment on other blogs and create linking opportunities.
- Create a PPC advertising campaign on Google or Yahoo to get advertising space online and target a larger audience of prospects.
Remember, having a website built isn’t enough; you need to optimize your site to be ranked high on search engines. The higher rankings you get, the more ad space you have, and the more back-links you create will increase traffic and generate viable leads for your business.
Get a professional writer to handle all this for you, it will be far easier and far more professional.
Source by Karen McAleese