Method 1: Terminating wusa.exe
- Stop Microsoft Office Installation (which is not responding or stuck)
- Run task manager (Press ctrl+alt+delete) and click “task manager”
- Find “wusa.exe” from the list of processes >> Right Click >> Select “End Task”
Try installing Microsoft Office Package again. Wait sometime, and the installation should get past the initial percentage ie,e 90% and jump to 100% until its finally completed.
Method 2: Stop Print spooler service
This one is the method that worked for me.
- Press windows key + r
- Type services.msc >> Press Enter
- Now, find “Print Spooler” under services
- Right click on it and select “Stop”
Run the MS Office 2015 or Office 2016 installation. Once the installation is completed, you can again start “Print spooler” service.
If your Microsoft Office installation is taking abnormally long time or gets stuck, one of the above methods should fix it. If you have any other solutions for this problem, let us know how you fixed it in the comments.