- Tricks given below, they are only for informational purpose. Readers discretion is advised
- We are not liable for any damage caused whatsoever. Perform the operation on your own risk.
- This trick may not work for all devices.
Check Device Chipset:
- Download CPU-Z App in your android device.
- Install and Open it.
- You will see device info and also device processor. Proceed forward with the following procedure according to your device processor.
Trick 1 : For Mediatek Processors
- Check your device specifications to assure it runs on Mediatek Chipset (MTK) .
- The trick is more preferable for Android KitKat Version 4.4.
- Now Download and install MTK Engineering Mode app in your 3G Android device.
- Open the App and select MTK settings.
- Now select Preferred Network Option
- In the drop down list select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM and Save & Reboot Your Phone.
- Once done insert 4G SIM in first SIM slot and keep second SIM slot empty.
- You are done. Your device will run on 3G speed with 3G network using 4G SIM card.
- You can only use the internet using this trick as calls aren’t possible because LTE is required.
- Do not make any unnecessary changes in Engineering Mode App.
Trick 2: For Qualcomm Chipset
Check your device specifications to assure it runs on Qualcomm Chipset. Android devices with Version KitKat 4.4 are more preferable for this trick.
- Download and install Shortcut Master (Lite) App From Here.
- Now go to menu and open “Service Menu”
- Then select “System App” option to change LTE Bands.
- You can also download Engineering Mode App and change LTE Bands.
- If the above doesn’t Work then Dial *#2263# select menu.
- Now go to key input and enter 0000, wait for a couple of seconds, to get the popup.
- Select UE settings from the Popup, select setting>p
rotocol>NAS>Net work Control>Band Selection>LTE Band> The Select “Band 40”. ( For other bands select other options)
- Now you can insert 4G Sim & enjoy 3G speed with 4G SIM at low tariff plans in 3G smartphone.
Trick 3: Xorware 4G Interface App
This is another simple method to get 4G work in 3G phone but you need to have a rooted device. Xorware is a network app which can help 4G interface to run in 3G phone. You must install this exposed framework for the trick to work.