If you’ve never synced music to your iPhone, follow this iTunes tutorial to see how simple it really is.
1.Connect your device to your computer.
- Using the dock connector that came with your iPhone, plug it into your computer — this will most likely be the USB port.
- Run the iTunes software.
- In the left iTunes window pane, locate the Devices section. Underneath this, click on your iPhone name.
2.Automatic Music Transfer Method
The easiest way to transfer music to the iPhone is by using the automatic sync method.
- On the iTunes main window pane, click on the Music menu tab at the top of the screen.
- Ensure the check box next to the Sync Music option is enabled — click this check box if not.
- To enable the transfer of all your music, click the radio button next to the Entire music option.
- If you prefer to select only certain songs from your iTunes library, then you’ll need to click the radio button next to Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.
- Finally, to start automatically syncing music to your iPhone, click the Applybutton to commence the transfer process.
3.Setting up Manual Transfer Mode
If you don’t want iTunes to automatically transfer music to your iPhone, it’s possible to configure the program for manual syncing. This method offers more control over what iTunes syncs to your iPhone. Before you can do this, you’ll first need to switch from the default automatic mode. To see how this is done, follow these steps:
- At the top of the main iTunes screen, click on the Summary menu tab.
- Click the check box next to the Manually manage music option to enable this mode. Finally click the Apply to save the settings.
4. Transferring Music Manually
- In the left iTunes window pane, locate the Library section. Underneath this, click on the Music option.
- You can now easily drag and drop songs from the main iTunes window to your iPhone via its icon (in the left pane under Devices). If you’ve got a lot of songs to manually transfer, then hold down the [CTRL] key (for Mac use the [command] key) and choose your songs — this will then enable you to drag the selected group of songs to your iPhone in one go.
- As an alternative to manually dragging songs to your iPhone, consider using iTunes playlists. These are easy to setup and will save you heaps of time when syncing. If you have previously created iTunes playlists that you want to sync to the iPhone, just drag and drop these in the same way onto the iPhone icon in the left pane.l