How to Stop Someone From Adding You to WhatsApp Groups
While this messaging platform is so famous it has its own negatives. One such nuisance is being added to unwanted WhatsApp groups. Owing to that fact that adding anyone as a WhatsApp contact is so easy that users usually end up finding themselves added to any random WhatsApp group chats.
1. Launch WhatsApp on your smartphone.
2. From the main screen, click on the three-dot icon present on the top-right corner.
3. Clicking on it will open a drop-down menu.
4. Click on Settings.
5. From the Settings page, click on Account in order to block random WhatsApp groups.
6. Here, choose the Privacy option.
7. From the Privacy page, scroll down and look for the option that says Groups. The default settings for this option is set to Everyone. Everyone means anybody can add you to a WhatsApp group chat and from here you can change the settings and block random WhatsApp group chats. Click on Groups.
8. Post this you will be presented with three options namely Everyone, My contacts, My contacts except.
- Everyone: Anyone can add you to WhatsApp groups.
- My contacts: Only your contacts can add you to the WhatsApp group chats.
- My contacts except: This option lists down all your WhatsApp contacts. Select the contacts you want to block random WhatsApp group chats.
9. Lastly click on Done.
Once you have made changes to block WhatsApp group chats from random chats, you can take a sigh of relief and put a halt to being disturbed by unwanted random WhatsApp group chats.