How To Set Up a Custom Domain in Blogger
Setting up a custom domain on blogger is a very easy process. Many bloggers today prefer owning a custom domain blog. To many, a custom domain gives any blog a professional identity. Besides that, you are the owner of the blog and you can move it whenever you want to.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to point a domain to blogger.
1. Buying a Domain Name
If you already have a domain then skip this step:
Buy domain name with Godaddy. With more than 78 million domains under management, Godaddy have more experience than anyone.
2. Connect your domain to Blogger DNS
-Log in to your domain’s registrar account.
– Go to domain management and click on DNS settings.
– A Records for @ pointing to 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
– CNAME for www mapped to ghs.google.com
– CNAME with values provided in the Blogger account
Edit your CName records. In some cases, a CName record for www already exists. If it does, simply edit the ‘Destination, Target or Point To’ Field. Type in ‘ghs.google.com’.
3. Add domain name to blogger.
1. Log in to your blogger account.
2. From the settings tab, click basic.
3. Under ‘Publishing’, select + Set up a 3rd party URL for your blog.
4. Enter your domain name.
It may take about 24 – 48 hours for your domain to work. To ensure your visitors are able to view your blog with/without ‘www’. Click on ‘Edit’ next to your domain and then select ‘Redirect to www…………..’ . This setting ensures your blog redirect the naked domain[yourblog.com] to [www.yourblog.com].