Methods to find your product mode
Method 1: Look for the product label on your computer.
For most computers, you can find the product model number on a label or sticker located on the outside of the case.
Laptops and tablets
The label may be located on or near the:
- base or back of the product
- battery compartment
- screen, keyboard trim, or palm rest
Method 2: Open the Dell SupportAssist application for Windows.
- Click the Start button, and then type SupportAssist in the search box.
- In the list of search results, under Programs, click SupportAssist to open it. If SupportAssist is not listed in the search results, it means the application is not installed on your computer. For more information on how to download and install SupportAssist, see the SupportAssist for PCs and tablets page.
- Your product model is displayed on the main screen of the application.
Method 3: Open the Windows System Information window.
- Click the Start button, and then type System Information in the search box.
- In the list of search results, under Programs, click System Information to open the System Information window.
- Look for Model: in the System section.
Method 4: Access your system BIOS.
To find your product model using the BIOS.
- Turn on your computer.
- As soon as you see the Dell logo screen, press the F2 key once a second to access the BIOS. If Windows starts, then you will need to restart your computer after start up is complete and try again.
- On the BIOS menu, you will find the product model in the menu title or listed under System Name.