Sign Up for Google reCAPTCHA
You will need to have a Google account and be signed into it . If you don’t have a Google account, you can make one for free from gmail.com Once that’s done, go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin
Select captcha version V2 or V3, Now you need to input your domain name and label. Then click on Register button.
On the next page, you’ll see the Site key and Secret Key. Make sure these keys are saved somewhere.
Integrate reCaptcha with Contact Form 7
To integrate reCaptcha with Contact Form 7, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard menu “Contact>Integration
- Find reCAPTCHA panel and click “Configure Keys”
- Enter the “Site Key” and “Secret Key” into the fields and save them
- If you are using reCAPTCHA v2 Paste the shortcode [recaptcha] to render the reCAPTCHA field just before the submit button
- Click the “Save” button and preview your contact form
Note: reCAPTCHA v3 doesn’t need a CAPTCHA widget (the “I’m not a robot” checkbox used in reCAPTCHA v2) to work, so
[recaptcha] form-tags are no longer necessary. If
[recaptcha] form-tags are found in a form template, Contact Form 7 5.1 or higher ignores them and replaces them with an empty string.
Add reCAPTCHA for Contact Form 7 using a plugin
Install the CF7 Invisible reCAPTCHA plugin
(1) Click Contact
(2) Click CF7 Invisisble reCAPTCHA
(3) Click Enable Protection for Contact Form 7
(4) Add the Site Key and Secret Key from the Google page
(5) Click Validate Credentials
(6) Click Save