What is an SSL certificate?
An SSL certificate acts as third-party verification for a website’s security. It verifies the strength of the Secure Socket Layer encryption used when a user connects to the site and connects that encryption to the organization or individual that owns and maintains the website. SSL certification and validation are a necessary piece of web security for any business that collects information from its users.
Different SSL certificates provide different levels of security, depending on the level of protection and security features your website and its users need. You may be familiar with visual elements such as Site Seals, the HTTPS:// protocol appearing in the URL, and the green bar, but there are less-visible functions that help protect your website and visitors.
No matter what level of security you choose, your users will recognize that your site is safe, and that leads to greater trust in your brand online.
How to Install and setup SSL certificate for $9 with Namecheap?
- First of all follow this link and Signup on namecheap, If you already registered with namecheap just login to your account.
- You will see different packages for SSL choose “positive SSL” and continue the purchase.
- Once payment is done, you will got confirmation email.
- Now Mouse over your username in the left upper corner >> Account Panel and click on product list
5. from product list select SSL certificates.
6. Click on the Activate button next to the certificate you want to use.
7. Paste the CSR code which is provided by namecheap with in the corresponding box. Select Any other server(Apache, Nginx, cPanel or other) as the web server type and proceed.
8. Select the domain control validation method among Email, HTTP-based or CNAME DNS-based validation:
9. On the next step, put the email address where you will receive the certificate.
10. Click Submit to confirm the domain control validation method and submit the order.
11. Approve the certificate issuance. If you chose Email validation, an approval email will be sent to approval address shortly after you finish the activation process.
12. For HTTP-based validation, you need to upload a text file into into a particular directory of your website (/.well-known/pki-validation/). If the domain is the primary one in your cPanel account, the document root is usually the public_html folder. The validation file can be downloaded from the page with the certificate details after it was activated.
You can download the certificate and Install it on any hosting server.