Solution 1 – Run Automatic repair
- Place the Windows 8 or Windows 10 DVD and reboot the Windows operating system.
Note: If you can’t boot from the Windows DVD then you will have to go in the BIOS options of your device and be sure you have the option to boot from the CD/DVD selected and enabled.
- After your system boots you’ll get to a Windows setup page. Click the Next button to proceed.
- Left click or tap on the Repair your computer option in the next window.
- Now choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options button > Automatic repair button.
- Select the Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system you wish to repair.
- Let the automatic repair process run and after it is finished reboot again without the Windows 8 or Windows 10 DVD and check if you still get the No boot device availablemessage.
Fix 2. Check boot order and reset BIOS settings to default
To ensure that you boot from right bootable hard drive, you can press certain key to enter BIOS interface while restarting to check boot order. If the disk that you boot computer from is not the right one, press “+” or “-” to set the bootable hard drive as the first in boot order. After that, save changes and restart computer to see whether the error disappears. If the error still exists, try to reset BIOS to default settings by steps given below:
1. Turn off your computer and wait for a while.
2. Restart the computer and press certain key to enter BIOS Setup menu.Different Keys Need To Click Like F12, F11, F9, F2…
3. On the BISO Setup interface, press certain key to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4. Save changes exit and follow the prompt to restart computer.
PS.: If you are unsure about the key to enter BIOS, you can refer to the user manual of your computer.
3. Run Bootrec commands with Windows installation disc
If Startup Repair cannot solve the error, you can try to run Bootrec commands to fix MBR and boot sector within the following steps:
1. Boot computer from Windows installation disc and choose “Command Prompt” in the System Recovery Options window.
2. In Command Prompt window, input command lines below and press Enter after each.
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /scanos
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
3. Exit from Command Prompt interface and restart your computer.
4. Make sure you’re using UEFI
Many users reported No Boot Device Available message after a BIOS update. If you’re getting this error message, the problem might be related to your BIOS. To fix the issue, you need to switch from BIOS to UEFI.
This is a simple process, and in order to do it, you just have to enter BIOS and change a single setting. Since there are many different versions of BIOS, we strongly advise you to check your motherboard manual and see how to switch permanently to UEFI.
After doing that, the error message should be resolved and your PC should start working again.
5. Check for lose cables (Mostly Desktop Computers)
Sometimes you might get No Boot Device Available message if your components aren’t connected properly. To fix this problem, you need to power down your PC, disconnect it from power outlet and open your computer case.
After doing that, be sure to check all SATA cables and make sure that they are tightly connected to your motherboard and to your hard drive. Several users reported that this problem occurred because their SATA cables weren’t firmly connected to their motherboard.
After connecting everything properly, the issue should be completely resolved.
Need To Test the hard drive Disk using Dell Laptop Hardware Diagnostics Option:
Please Read: Only Some Laptop & Desktops Solve This Type Of problem
- Need Test Hard Drive
- Disk Whether Is Work
- First Turn On Your Computer And Put AC Adapter To Computer
- Just Press The Power Button (Up To 3-5 Seconds) To Turn OFF Computer
- Press Power Button To Start Computer
- And Press ESC Button in Every Second Up To See Menu Now Press F2 Key
- Now You Can See Diagnostics Menu Appears Some Options And Select Components Test
- In Next Dialogue Box Select Hard Drive After Selecting You Can See More Options Select Quick Test
- Next Process Click On Run One Option Now Hard Drive Test
- Will Run After Complete You Can See Tested Successfully
- Your Hard Drive Problem Not Solve
- Check Steps Again Or Put New Hard Drive