Bluetooth not detecting devices on Windows 10 fix
Fix 1: Remove all Bluetooth devices
If you’ve connected multiple Bluetooth devices to your PC, chances are that one or more of your devices is preventing your PC from detecting other Bluetooth devices.
To see if that’s the problem for you, try removing all Bluetooth devices on your computer and pair only the desired devices. Here is how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo Key.
2) Type control panel, then hit the Enter key.
3) Under View by, select Category, then click View devices and printers.
4) Right-click your Bluetooth device and select Remove device.
5) Click Add a device to see if your Bluetooth works properly now.
If your problem persists, then move on and try the fix below.
Fix 2: Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
Another quick fix to this problem is running the Bluetooth troubleshooter. The Bluetooth troubleshooter is a Windows built-in utility that can detect and fix common Bluetooth issues automatically.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type troubleshoot. Then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
2) Select Bluetooth, then click Run the troubleshooter.
3) Wait for this process to be complete. Then, try pairing your Bluetooth devices to your PC again.
Fix 3: Set the Bluetooth support service
You’re likely to encounter the Bluetooth not detecting devices error if the Bluetooth service isn’t running properly on your PC. To see if that’s the core issue, follow the instructions below:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time.
2) Type services.msc, then hit the Enter key.
3) Right-click Bluetooth Support Service. If the service is running, click Restart; if the service isn’t running, click Start.
4) Right-click Bluetooth Support Service and select Properties
5) Set the Startup Type to Automatic, then click OK.
6) Try connecting your Bluetooth devices to test your problem.
Fix 4: Update Bluetooth driver
Manual driver update – You can update your driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your Bluetooth, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only driver that is compatible with your Windows version.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy or Driverpacksolution. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your device, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly: